Who We Are
USA Girl Scouts Overseas – North Atlantic (USAGSO-NA) is part of Girl Scouts of the USA and is a satellite office of USA Girl Scouts Overseas. Headquartered at Camp Darby (PI) Italy, USAGSO-NA serves American girls of military families and international communities throughout Europe and the Mediterranean. Over 3,400 Girl Scouts and 2,000 adults in nine countries are members of USAGSO-NA.
USAGSO-NA consists of volunteer-led Overseas Committees that provide direct services to girls, the volunteers that work with them, and their local communities. Overseas Communities are located throughout Italy, Germany, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Spain, the Netherlands, Bahrain, Belgium and Turkey.
USAGSO – NA provides the following services to its members:
- Consultation services and technical assistance from executive staff
- Electronic newsletter to volunteers, alumnae, and community partners
- Learning Opportunities for adult volunteers – online webinars and conferences
- Resources for Girl Scout program pathways
- Girl Scout Summer Resident Camp
- Support to local day camps, international exchanges, and other special events
- Girl Scout shop and on-line shop
- Financial scholarships for girls and adult volunteers to attend USAGSO-NA sponsored events
- Girl Scout Cookie program – the largest financial literacy program in the world
What We Do
In Girl Scouting, girls develop their leadership potential through activities that enable them to discover their values, skills, and the world around them; connect with others in a multicultural environment; and take action to make a difference in the world.