- How many adults do I need if I take 17 Girl Scout Brownies camping?
- Can the Girl Scout Daisies in my troop ride go-carts when we go to the carnival?
- What is the best way to teach the about safety and business skills during the Girl Scout Cookie Program?
The answers to these and hundreds more questions can be found in the 2014-2015 edition of Volunteer Essentials (link above). Packed full of information from the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting to traveling with teenagers and even helpful tips on communicating with parents, this resource is a “must have bookmarked” on your computer.
- Need to know the adult to girl ratio for the swimming outing?
- Does a Girl Scout Cadette need to complete a Final Report for her Girl Scout Silver Award?
- What kind of First Aid and CPR training is required and when?
- How is money handled in my Overseas Committee?
Volunteer Essentials offers information about Girl Scouts as a movement and a tradition, asks volunteers to assess their skills and competencies, discusses the GSLE and journeys, shares information about healthy development in girls, instructs volunteers in how to keep girls safe, gives information on taking trips and hosting events, and tells volunteers how to help girls manage group finances, including general details on Girl Scout Cookie sales. Take a look at this helpful resource today. Be sure to bookmark the link for your reference needs.
Note: After accessing Volunteer Essentials, in order to make it a searchable document with live hyperlinks, click File>Download>Save As> then save to your computer or open as a .pdf.